Feature Suggestions

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:40 PM
First of all, nice app.  Seems much more lightweight than TweetDeck.

A few bugs and feature suggestions:
  - Expanding or dragging windows seems very choppy.
  - Can you create custom windows?  I don't see the ability to add a search window.
  - Enter *should* send a tweet.  For the (very odd) instance where we actually want to insert a new line, we can use the web.
  - New tweet notifications (a la TweetDeck) would be nice.  Should be able to disable them (in the same way that you can disable an Outlook new mail alert) without exiting digiTweet.

Thanks for putting this together.  It's nice to see another example of what WPF can do.
Apr 6, 2009 at 8:35 PM
I'll second the need for a search window.
Also all posts should display date  and @names and #tags need to be clickable.

Otherwise I quite like it.
Apr 6, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Like, but "Must Haves": Groups and bit.ly.
Apr 6, 2009 at 10:23 PM
Also, get the credit you deserve. When I post from digiTweet, tweets should be "from digiTweet" not "from web".
Apr 7, 2009 at 12:48 AM
Would love an "in reply to" and a link to the tweet being replied to (like happens on the web)
Apr 7, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Hi, it would be great if you ca:

- Manage your following_profile and followers_profile
- Manage your Favorites
- Manage/Send Direct Messages

You are doing a good job with this app and it is a nice WPF implementation.
Apr 7, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Hi again, two more things:

- Manage time to autorefresh windows
- Can you integrate other "shrink url" services? if i have a "shrink url" service, can you integrate it?

Thanks in advanced.
Apr 11, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Install digiTweet today.  Pretty nice interface.  Someone mentioned the panes resizing issue. 
1)  The Direct Message pane bleeds into the All Tweets pane when I shrink the window.  My screen is 1400x1050 on a Dell Laptop. 
2) Would like to see my list of Following/Followers
3)  Maybe a menu link to take me to digiTweet's web page.

Figure you are still working on the program.  Nice job.

Dave
Apr 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM
Really like DigiTweet.  I thinstalled it on my flashdrive! 

My suggestions:

- Make a portable version!
- Allow for commands like Whois, Follow, and Leave
- Word Wrap so that the app can be shrunk down to one column and still read the entire post.
- Click on @profiles in tweets and see the profile pop up in the profile box
- Add a follow/unfollow button to profile box

Also what the guys above have said ^^^^

Keep up the great work!  Seriously, I like this better than TweetDeck. I don't want an Adobe Air app!  Thanks, guys!
Apr 16, 2009 at 7:16 PM
All the above, and I'll add the following:

• Multi-account support for those of us that have multiple accounts
  • Auto-follow new followers
  • Auto-tweeting (scheduled) much like tweetlater provides
  • Ability to tweet rss feed items on a schedule, much like twitterfeed.
I've been considering writing much of that myself, but now that I've found this, it looks like I may have a head-start.  Just need to find the time.  ;)

To all the devs on this, Great job!!!
Apr 17, 2009 at 12:45 AM
I would suggest adding the option to choose the url shrinking service: TweetBurner as opposed to TinyURL for example.

This is a great product, keep up the fantastic work!
Jun 10, 2009 at 5:00 AM

The App is great. The one annoyance is that when the boxes are cascaded down (tiled) I cannot read the entire 140 characters of the tweet. So I am always having to maximise the sender, all tweets, etcetera. It may be more troublesome for you to code the individual message boxes to auto height adjust, so I think all that it needs is to have the reduced box sizes a little taller to get the additional remaining 10-15 characters displayed.

Thanks for a great app. Loads more that can be done I'm sure but as it is it is very usable.